Monday, November 12, 2007

Open....The Film


Open is a short film about seeing beyond the surface, opening and extending one's heart in times of need, and of communication, especially on a spiritual level. As co-writer and director Satish More (aka Sri-Kishore Das) of Athens, Ohio puts it: "

"I can’t close my eyes to the truth; neither can I turn my back.

Another thing that I have always held close to my heart: “The Art-form is just the carrier of the consciousness of the artist to the audience. It doesn’t mean anything in and of itself.” Have a machine draw a picture and let’s see how many people “feel” it.

I want to form a crew that can feel and understand my urge and can be conscious of it during the making of this film. Only then will it deliver that consciousness to the audience.

I want to learn the skill of pulling off an efficient project which is carefully planned and artistically decorated by people of the right mindset.

I repeat mindset, consciousness, because it is important. At least it is to me."

Check out the website for Open by clicking the link here, and also check out this link for some of the works Sri-Kishore has already accomplished for the pleasure of Guru and Gauranga.

Knowing Sri-Kishore personally, I aspire to simply follow in the footsteps of his sincere ambition, holding a boom-mic here, setting up some lights for him there, and maybe one day doing a film together. He's a rare soul in this world. Driven by his heart of gold.

No comments: